Year 10 students join the senior school environment where there is a stronger focus on selecting courses that complement their interests and future career aspirations. Whilst academic success is foregrounded, students are encouraged to develop resilience and perseverance and to reflect upon their personal attributes.
In Year 10, students engage in extensive career planning and transition to senior school activities so they are well informed about senior school pathways and education and training opportunities beyond formal schooling.
Excursions, Incursions & Community Engagement
- One on one support with Academic support coordinators and Avid teachers to make informed decisions about senior school and beyond.
- Pay it Forward Community Project
- Mental Health Wellbeing Excursion
- Heath Black Mental Health Workshop
- Safe Driving Workshops
- Avid Program Support
- Extended Home Room / Mentoring Program Workshops including:
- Financial literacy
- Cyber safety etc.
- Careers Expo Mandurah
- Careers Expo Conventions Centre
- A wide range of program specific excursions based on areas of interest.
At John Tonkin College I enjoy coming to school every day to teach amazing students who have so much potential. They are vibrant and enthusiastic about learning, and I love nurturing their passion for learning.
Laura Searle, English Teacher